Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crack eggs

Let's see, today was Ash Wednesday -- that means -- if I'm calculating correctly -- why YES: the Cadbury's mini-eggs are in the stores right now. Every year I pick up this habit, only to be forced to go cold turkey when Easter rolls around and they disappear. You'd think I'd learn and pick up some extra, but I'm in denial. I'm so in thrall to these little beasts that I think I will be happy once they're gone and I am a free woman. But then the next year rolls around, and the cycle begins anew...

The devil incarnate.

2 comments:

MKR said...

Not the crack eggs! I can resist anything but the crack eggs (and potato chips, and anything covered in orange "cheez"). Be strong! But if you can't be strong, then make sure not to leave your crack eggs in the car too long or they will melt and get all over the steering wheel while you crack and drive!

Lesley said...

Hi Catherine - sorry this isn't really a comment related to your entry. I first heard about your blog when I logged onto a site called Life Two, when I was doing a bit of research into the mid life crisis and read your entry and the following comments. I am currently 44, single with no kids and rapidly slipping into my own personal crisis, doing a lot of thinking, reflecting and writing. I would love to chat further with you if possible and would love you to have a look at a blog I've just set up www.fatfortyandredundant.blogspot.com I think it is fascinating to speak to other women that have chosen not to marry or have kids as I often feel we are made to feel abnormal if we don't follow the conventional route of marriage and kids. My e mail address is lesleyjwinton@tiscali.co.uk if you fancy getting in touch. I live in Scotland by the way - love your blog! Lesley