Monday, April 7, 2008

In which I initially don't know what to say, and then find something

Haven't been too blogalicious lately, so I thought I'd take a stab at posting something. I feel like my life isn't all that interesting right now, so what should I say?

The weekend was calm and relaxing. I stayed home reading (and watching too much tv) most of the time. Went out to have my hair done. Read an entire book by Jodi Picoult, her new one which I'm not going to review because everyone reviews her books and most do it a lot better than I can.

The tv thing is out of hand. My cable's been off (intentionally!) since last summer, but now that one can watch tv on the internet, I'm catching up on the entire season of all the shows I would have watched if I had had cable. There's something wrong with that. Why not just get cable? Well, I found I was watching too much tv and not doing enough reading.

My computer is leading me straight to hell. And it's not like I can get rid of it. Or could I? Hmmm. Entire weekends and evenings without the computer. I would have to remove it from the house in order to stick with my resolve, because if it's in the house I'm using it, that's all there is to it. I can't see getting rid of it entirely, although in thinking about it, would that be so bad?

Must think this through. I'm certainly no ascetic -- my life is very comfortable -- but watching tv is not how I want to be spending my time.

2 comments:

KathyLikesPink said...

I would be so much more productive in so many ways if I did NOT have a computer.

But I rely on it for so much, and living in a small town, it is my window to the world. I can't imagine NOT having it.

Catherine said...

Well, I wrote that and then went home and immediately turned on the computer. I also thought, nooooo, I can't live without it.

But I'm still thinking about trying it.