Thursday, January 10, 2008

Home perfection, I mean improvement

I got home yesterday to find my downstairs bathroom gutted. I didn't know they would be able to do that in one day. I'm very impressed. Today the framing is supposed to be done and the tub installed, so it's just a matter of choosing tile, which I have a feeling is going to be difficult. I'm already planning to fall in love with all the expensive tile that I can't afford. But maybe I'll find a reasonably-priced tile that I can love.

The painting is also continuing. I got to look at swatches on the walls last night and am liking them, for the most part. I think the peach color for the den and the loft might be too pink for me, so it could be back to the drawing board for that. I realized this morning, when the painters were discussing all the wall repairs they planned to do, that *this* is why having painting done professionally is such a good idea. I seriously would have no patience for all the prep work. I could paint all right (but not the great room, which is why I hired painters in the first place) but the prep work would kill me.

All of this work is so exciting for me! I'll post pix when it's all done.


No comments: