Monday, January 7, 2008

Turning a corner

Although I didn't leave my house for 3 days this weekend, I did get a lot of cleaning and laundry done while I was there. The cleaning was partially in response to the fact that my interior painter is going to start work today, and the contractor who is installing my new whirlpool tub is going to start work tomorrow or the next day. Fun! It will be a total house transformation. The contractor started talking about resale value and I said "Are you kidding? This is going to be my dream home when it's finished, I'm never leaving!"

It's always been my dream home but it has needed painting the whole time I've lived there, and the tub will just make my entire existence extra special, I feel.

The laundry can only be explained by one thing: I'm feeling better. I have more energy. I care about what clothing I wear, which is not something one really cares about when depressed.

Not leaving the house, however, is probably not the best. Although it is like a little cocoon in which I can be free from worldly concerns...


No comments: