Monday, November 12, 2007

Even geniuses aren't always geniuses

I found Joel Achenbach's blog post today, on genius, rather inspirational. It gives me hope to think that even though my novel is an abomination, I might still have some words in my head that wouldn't be...
The problem with "genius" is that it doesn't give the great talents their due for working hard and plodding through difficult problems and taking chances and knowing which ideas to dump and which to deliver. Geniuses create the same way total ding-dongs create. Geniuses still have to put on their paint one stroke at a time.

Read the entire article.

PS No, I'm not having delusions of grandeur. I'm having delusions of time-wasting, which is why I found the article hopeful.

1 comment:

John D. said...

"...Shaw believed in productivity -- just keep writing, was his advice to everyone."

: )