Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's November!

Can you believe it's November already? I am personally in shock. I think the fall heat wave threw me off, and now it's winter.

Last night was, of course, Halloween and the dogs and I had fun handing out candy -- but as usual I purchased much more than I needed (to my coworkers' benefit). We often have a lot more kids than we had last night. The dogs love Halloween -- small people come to the door! Groups of them! Although I think there was some dysfunctional behavior, in that their hysterical barking as kids walked by was probably daunting to some...

Tonight I begin my novel. Hmmm, there's a sentence I've never said before. Last night I dreamed I had laryngitis -- how transparent of me. I don't really need to "find my voice" to write this month, I just need to keep it fun and interesting. I've been waffling between writing about my life, or maybe a fantasy version of my life, or just completely making things up and I really, really want to just make stuff up -- somewhat realistic stuff, though, I'm not writing science fiction and you can't make me.

Come on, it's not too late to decide that this novel-writing month o' fun is for you! Just start your novel tonight, like I am.

No comments: