Friday, November 23, 2007

A novel idea

Well, Thanksgiving is over so now I can go back to being cranky. No, seriously, now it's time to focus intensively on my novel, and you're going to help me! How, you ask? Oh, just by not being annoyed by brief posts throughout the next four days alerting you to my ever increasing word count. See, I'm way behind, as is my wont, and the novel's supposed to be done by the end of the month, so now I have to apply myself intensively to hit the deadline, as is also my wont. Why I ever thought I would write the required number of words each day is beyond me. I simply don't function that way. I do my best work when the deadline looms, as it is now doing.

Right now, my word count is 14,863, which is a lot, but nowhere near the required 50,000. So watch for frequent updates and feel free to send encouragement or even just root for me in your head -- I'm sure the good vibes will reach me somehow.

No comments: