Monday, December 10, 2007

An encouraging sign

I woke up this morning just before the alarm went off. That hasn't happened in weeks. And I don't feel exhausted. And I got to eat breakfast at home. These are good things. Now, if my concentration could return, I would be ever so thankful.

Had a lovely visit with a friend yesterday, over a gingerbread latte at Starbuck's. Mmmmm, gingerbread latte. And it was great fun to see my friend. We discussed blogging and Sense and Sensibility -- I always wind up as Elinor Dashwood on those "Which Jane Austen Heroine Are You?" tests, but then thought how strange it is that I have a blog in which I'm disclosing many personal details about my life. Still wondering if this is a good idea.

Last night I finished reading Pride and Prejudice and then watched a not-so-good movie, The Nanny Diaries. The movie had great actors, but it's a fairly "light" movie.

Pride and Prejudice, on the other hand, was great as always. I look forward to watching all the different movie/tv versions of it. Now it's on to Mansfield Park.

No comments: