Thursday, December 6, 2007

Working for the weekend

This is the last day of my work week, which is exciting partially because I can sleep in tomorrow and eat breakfast at home. Lately I've been waking up too late and having to dash out the door in order to get here in time, stopping for coffee and breakfast at the cafeteria and eating it in my office. It's demoralizing to eat most of one's meals in one's office. Must find better way.

Hopefully the new med will kick in, the depression will lift, and I'll be able to get up in the morning again. This "getting up early" thing has been an ongoing struggle in my life, with me on the losing end a lot of the time. I wish I could just kick it, but it's a symptom of illness and when the illness is active...

Meanwhile I feel boring and self-absorbed. I'm finding it hard to think of things to write about and talk about. Another symptom.

The weekend should be good, though. Tomorrow I'm going to the Green Valley Book Fair, a tremendously fun place full of deeply discounted books. Then on Saturday, my friend and I will go flying (if weather permits), followed by holiday shopping at Short Pump. I always lean heavily on Crate and Barrel for excellent presents.

And, if I have enough energy, I can finish decorating the tree! Yes, it has taken me all week.

No comments: